Expedia 'Holidate' - T&C's for Irish participants
Terms and conditions for the Expedia Holidate promotion (the "Promotion")
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
1. The promoter of this Promotion is Expedia ("Expedia").
2. Participants must be at least 18 years old on 31 May 2013, be single, be the holder of a valid passport (sufficient to allow short-term travel within the European Union without needing a visa), be available for travel on 18 and 19 June 2013, have never been convicted of or charged with a criminal offence and be legally resident within Ireland. Employees and agents of Expedia or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Promotion are not eligible to take part. Expedia reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible. If a participant is found to be ineligible, Expedia reserves the right to disqualify them from participating in the Promotion and to select another participant to replace them.
3. Up to six (6) participants will be selected taking into account compatibility and relevant ratios of men and women to take part in the Expedia Holidate Dating Event (the "Event"). They will be joined at the Event by individuals from France, Germany and the United Kingdom (together, the "Event Participants").
The Event involves three (3) sets of dates which will take place among the Event Participants on 18 June 2013 and 19 June 2013. Event Participants will be matched with each other on the basis of their age profile, dating preferences and travel preferences.
Event Participants will be flown from Dublin to London Heathrow on 18 June 2013 as agreed with Expedia. The first set of dates will take place in an airport hotel in Luton on the evening of 18 June 2013 and will consist of two sets of three (3) 20 minute dates at the hotel. Overnight accommodation in a standard room will be provided for each Event Participant at the 3 star newly built Hampton by Hilton airport hotel in Luton. The next set of dates will take place on the morning of 19 June 2013 on a privately chartered economy flight from London Luton airport to Venice n and will involve 20 dates lasting a minimum of three minutes each whilst flying at over 35,000 feet. Participants will be required to keep a log of all the names of those they have dated during the flight. The final set of dates will involve three (3) dates that will take place in Venice on 19 June 2013 and may involve an activity such as watersports, wine-tasting or creative arts. Each date will last up to twenty (20) minutes and will form part of the activity. The Event Participants will be flown back to London Luton airport on the evening of 19 June 2013 with a scheduled arrival time of 8:05pm. Event Participants will be provided with overnight accommodation at a hotel near London Luton airport and flown back to Dublin on 20 June 2013, as agreed with Expedia.
Event Participants will need to make their own way to/from Luton. They must be available from 6:15pm at the Hampton by Hilton Luton hotel on 18 June 2013 and available all day on 19 June 2013. They must meet the timetable set out by Expedia including but not limited to arriving at the airport in sufficient time to take the flights to/from Venice, which will depart at 8:15am from London Luton and at 7:05pm from Venice Marco Polo airport. Participants will be required to meet in the hotel reception at the Hampton by Hilton by 6:15am. Event Participants must not behave in an unsafe, illegal, aggressive, drunken or otherwise inappropriate manner. If they do so, they may be immediately banned from the event at Expedia's sole discretion. Should this occur inVenice, Expedia considers this a breach of the conditions of participation and participants will be responsible for all costs and arrangements for their return travel to Ireland. Event Participants must be able to get in and out of boats unassisted and be able to swim.
Event participants must comply with the arrangements made for promotional photography and filming during the event including but not limited to posing for photographs with relevant props or branded objects.
Event Participants will receive a light dinner and two (2) complimentary drinks on the evening of 18 June 2013, breakfast at the airport terminal in Luton, lunch in Venice and a snack on the plane back to London Luton airport on 19 June 2013.
Event Participants are responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport to and from Dublin airport, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Event Participants are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in participating in the Event.
Event Participants agree that they will (a) participate in the Event in willing co-operation with Expedia and such persons as Expedia may require and liaise where necessary with Expedia's nominated representatives, (b) comply with all rules and regulations that they are advised of at all venues where the Event is hosted and exercise all reasonable care during the course of the Event for their own health and safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions, and (c) not engage in any conduct that may bring Expedia into disrepute.
Event Participants warrant, represent and undertake to Expedia that they know of no reason why their involvement with the Promotion or their association with Expedia could adversely affect Expedia and that they will not make any statement, do any thing or otherwise conduct themselves in such a manner as will in Expedia's reasonable opinion disparage Expedia or any of its products or services or adversely affect any campaign for the promotion of Expedia, its products or services and, to the best of their knowledge and belief, have not prior to their involvement with the Promotion made any such statement, done any such thing or otherwise conducted themselves in any such manner.
The Event is as stated and places at the event are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to participating in the Event in whole or in part. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the Event is provided on an "as is" basis, and that neither Expedia nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the Event. The Event is also subject to the terms and conditions of the third party suppliers providing goods and services in relation to the Event including but not limited to the hotel, airline and activity suppliers used.
4. Participants will be notified no later than 12th June 2013 by the email address provided on entry that they have been selected as a potential Event Participant. Potential Event Participants may be required to submit valid identification before being confirmed as an Event Participant. If any emails to a potential Event Participant are returned as undeliverable, or a potential Event Participant has not confirmed that they will be attending the Event, or alternatively are willing to be on a standby list to attend the Event at short notice in the event that an Event Participant pulls out, in the manner and by the date specified in the e-mail, Expedia reserves the right to select another Event Participant or standby Event Participant.
5. By entering the Promotion, Event Participants agree to be filmed, have their photograph taken and be interviewed on film during the Event. Event Participants hereby assign to Expedia all rights including without limitation copyright and performers' property rights in such footage and photographs (the "Materials") and grant all consents necessary to enable Expedia, its assignees and licensees to make the fullest use of the Materials worldwide in perpetuity in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter developed or discovered, without payment, liability (save as specifically set out in this agreement) or acknowledgement to them. Event Participants acknowledge and agree that Expedia, its assignees and licensees shall be entitled to edit, copy, add to, adapt or translate the Materials at their discretion and, in respect of the Materials, hereby irrevocably waive in favour of Expedia, its assignees and licensees the benefit of all moral rights and performers' rights arising under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 or similar rights arising under the laws of any jurisdiction. Event Participants also grant to Expedia, its assignees and licensees the right to use their name, photograph or likeness and biographical details in relation to the Materials and the advertising and promotion of Expedia. Event Participants agree to do all such acts and execute such documents as Expedia may reasonably require to vest in or confirm to Expedia or its successors in title and licensees the copyright and all other rights assigned or granted or purported to be assigned or granted by the Event Participants to Expedia under this agreement. Event Participants acknowledge and agree that Expedia is not under any obligation to (a) film or photograph them, (b) use, keep or exploit the Materials, or (c) provide a credit or any other form of acknowledgement to Event Participants in any way when exploiting the Materials. Expedia shall have absolute discretion over the editorial content of the Materials and whether and how they are broadcast, published or otherwise exploited. Event Participants agree that the Materials do not need to be submitted to them for any approvals and that Expedia shall not be liable to them for any distortion or illusory effect or adverse result to them resulting from any broadcast, publication or other exploitation of the Materials. Event participants warrant, represent and undertake to and with that their contribution to the Materials will be original and will not infringe the rights of any third party.
6. By agreeing to participate in this event, participants agree to respect the confidentiality of all elements of the Event designated by the event organisers as confidential including but not limited to attendees of the event, activities involved, event partners and sponsors, the dating process and event locations until these elements are made public by representatives of the public relations function at Expedia.com Ltd. Event Participants shall not, without Expedia's prior written approval, make any public statement or issue any images in any media worldwide (including on the internet including by way of blogs, social media websites or other self-publication) relating to the Promotion. Event Participants hereby agree to refer all enquiries from the media and other third parties concerning the Event to the public relations function at Expedia.com Ltd.
7. In the event that, for reasons beyond Expedia’s reasonable control, Expedia is unable to run the Event as described in these Terms and Conditions, Expedia reserves the right to run an event of a similar nature on the same or alternative dates. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more potential Event Participants than available places at the Event, Expedia reserves the right at any time to allocate the available places at the Event by the means of a prize draw.
8. By entering the Promotion, participants agree to have their name, photograph or likeness, biographical details and quotes taken during the Event featured in publicity materials relating to the Promotion without further reference, payment or other compensation. Some of the Event Participants may be third party journalists and Event Participants acknowledge and agree that Expedia will not be responsible for the content of any stories they publish, broadcast or otherwise disseminate. Details of the Event Participants will also be made available to participants and the public on request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 July 2013.
10. Expedia reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, including the Event, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Expedia that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Promotion. Neither Expedia nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by Expedia to provide services in relation to the Event or otherwise that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
11. Save where it has been negligent, Expedia will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Promotion, including their participation in the Event, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Promotion. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Expedia's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
12. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in Expedia's reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Expedia and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at Expedia's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, Expedia may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
13. Expedia's rights under these Terms and Conditions may be freely assigned or licensed by Expedia.
14. All Expedia's decisions in relation to the Promotion are final and Expedia will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
15. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
Please click here to confirm that you have read and accept the terms and conditions.