BERLIN TRAVEL TIPS
Berlin, Germany's largest city has become a hugely popular destination since it's re-birth 20 years ago. Filled with galleries, opera houses, exhibitions and gourmet eateries, Berlin has something to offer everyone. With its renowned Christmas markets and New Years Eve party, it is the perfect destination to visit over the festive season.
To celebrate the New Year in style join the party at the Brandenburg Gate, where thousands of spectators welcome the New Year with a fireworks display and party. Visit www.expedia.ie for the latest deals!
Here are some tips from the Expedia experts to help kick start your trip to Berlin
- To get around the city like a local, hire a bike instead of using the underground or taxis – the city is one of the most bike-friendly in the world. Head to www.expedia.ie to book a guided bike tour of the city
- For a spot of celeb spotting, head to Borchardts for schnitzel. Situated close to Gendarmenmarkt, there is usually at least one celebrity to be seen there. Alternatively, visit during Berlin Fashion Week on 18th-23rd January and you may even catch a glimpse of a supermodel up close!
- For an alternative to the highstreet when Christmas shopping, head to the city’s Christmas Market, which runs from the 21st of November to 22nd December, for unusual gifts and food
- For fine dining in Berlin, head to Solar Lounge – set 15 stories above the city, you can enjoy delicious food and wine while looking out over the stunning city skyline
- For a fun night out with the locals, head to Berghain in the Friedrichshain district. It was named one of the best clubs in the world by DJ Magazine. Be warned though, the bouncers run a very strict door policy, so dress to impress!
- To experience Germany's latest trend’ sightjogging’ which combines sightseeing with jogging to see Berlin’s best sights on the go and exercise at the same time, visit www.expedia.ie Or, for inspiration on another unique way to discover the cities unique culture watch this video...